Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm Mad as Hell, and Refuse to Take It Any More!

Has anyone else noticed that the minute you fill out a job application online, you can count down the minutes that your phone rings with the first telemarketer with an "amazing" work from home opportunity? I HATE this!

The fact that I am applying for jobs shouldnt make me a target for your "Marketing Campaign." The fact Im applying for jobs makes me a job seeker - simple as that. I dont beleive in money for nothing. I dont beleive there is a "system" out there that is the magic bullet for all of my financial worries. If I had a "small investment" of 500 dollars sitting around dont you think I might, as a responsible adult be using it for a good purpose?

Im tired of the telemarketing culture. Somehow, the people calling have gotten it in their heads that they are helping me by harrassing me until I cave. They are somehow doing me a favor. I even had one company (still trying to figure out who it is) subscribe my mobile phone to receive texts once a week and add to my phone bill a $9.99/month charge. (I discovered it after my phone bill seemed a little large 3 months in a row.) I called to find out how this happened, and apparently if you say "yes, go ahead and send me more information" - this qualifies as "opting in" to be covertly billed.


The best call I received was, someone telling me there were "limited opportunities" in my zip code for a specific opportunity. Couldnt help my self, I asked the question - "Really? What zip code do you have for me?" Naturally they answered it wrong. Then, they made the statement "Because your a Preferred American Express Cardholder, this qualifies you for ... " Again, I couldnt help myself. I said,"You have me down as an AMEX cardholder? I find that funny, because you picked the one credit card that I have NEVER had."

I wont lie, I am making a little money with Affiliate Marketing. While its not a lot, yet, Im sure it will be if I can devote the time to my blogs. (Im getting better at it.) The point being, I hate these phone calls I get, I hate the questionable tactics that some are out there using and I will not knowingly reccomend any program that brings this onslought of phone calls. If I do reccomend one, please tell me and not only will I stop reccomending it - I will publicly criticize it.

This ends my rant. Hope Im not the only one who feels this way. I didnt have any new quality programs to reccomend this week, so you got my rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment